The Victorian Society for Computers and the Law (VSCL) invites you to a webinar presented by Dudley Kneller and Raisa Blanco of the Gadens Intellectual Property & Technology team.
They will cover the following topics:
- Define what is ransomware.
- Discuss the increase in attacks in 2020 and 2021 and present real-life examples of ransomware attacks to businesses.
- Explain how organisations are managing this cybersecurity threat in Australia and overseas.
- Provide you with tips and takeaways on reducing cybersecurity risks, and meeting your compliance obligations, related to ransomware attacks.
- Discuss the proposed Ransomware Payments Bill 2021 and the proposed mandatory reporting obligations.
Dudley Kneller, Partner
Dudley is a highly experienced lawyer with international and domestic experience advising on commercial, regulatory and technology matters with specialisations in financial technology, cyber risk, privacy and strategic sourcing and supply projects. He has been nominated and selected as a ‘Best Lawyer’ in Australia in the area of Information Technology Law since 2020 and has been listed as a Recommended Technology, Media and Telecommunications Lawyer in Victoria in Doyle’s Guide every year from 2015 to 2020.
Raisa Blanco, Senior Associate
Raisa Bianco is a Senior Associate in the Intellectual Property & Technology team at Gadens. She has particular focus on information technology outsourcing and procurement, privacy and intellectual property commercialisation.
To attend the webinar, please click the link below and register your details:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. If you have any issues, please get in touch.